PLT (Purisimo L. Tiam) College of Medicine is one of the best institutions for Medical Education in the Philippines.
The college was established more than 30 years ago. PLT Colleges offers courses in all major education sectors including medicine. Advanced lab amenities, State of the art facilities, friendly faculty, highly equipped government hospitals, and skilled staff are some of the reasons to choose PLTCI to do MBBS abroad.
History of PLT
PLT Colleges was established in 1989 in the beautiful province of Nueva Vizcaya. Initially, the College’s primary focus was Technology and Computer Sciences. Over the years PLT College has expanded its course offerings under various programs such as Arts and Sciences, Business, Criminology, Education, Health Sciences, Hospitality Professional Courses, Information Technology, International Relations, Paramedical Courses, and Medicine. PLT Colleges maintain exemplary academic records and its graduates have become successful, working around the world. PLT College also hosts the first and the only Medical College in Nueva Vizcaya Philippines that is accredited by both CHED and the Bureau of Immigration.
Accreditations, Approval, and Awards of PLTCI:
- Top evaluated general education institution in the Philippines.
- ISO certified Tertiary Level – Regional Government Hospital.
- Deputized by the CHED as provider of the Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP)
- WDOMS/FAIMER Listed.
- Accredited and certified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- Recognized Medical college by World Health Organization (WHO).
- Recognized by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI), Indonesian Medical Council (IMC), Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Maldives Medical Council (MMC), Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), Bangladesh Medical Council (BMC), Medical Council of Thailand (MCT) and respective boards of most nations including the US.
PLTCI College of Medicine – The Location
PLT College is located in the beautiful province of Nueva Vizcaya. PLT College has campuses in Bayombong, the provincial capital, and one in Solano, which hosts the College of Medicine which is surrounded by mountains. Solano, Nueva Vizcaya (where PLT College is located) is a peaceful place, where one could witness and enjoy the local culture. The local people are friendly, and the city is a very safe place. Unlike other metro cities, Solano is proudly, pollution-free! The town provides a suitable environment and ambiance for good health and relaxed mind, which would help the students to focus more on their studies.
Reaching Solano, Nueva Vizcaya should not be a problem for international students. Manila is about 5-6 hours drive from the province which hosts the largest international airport in the country. Clark international airport, Cagayan North International Airport are the other two options to land near Nueva Vizcaya.
The country ruled by Spain and colonized by the US for centuries is now the center of tourist attraction in south-east Asia. There are lots of tourist attractions in Nueva Vizcaya. The abundance of natural beauty is the blessing given to Nueva Vizcaya. English is a national language of the Philippines added with Filipino.
The Philippines is the largest English-speaking nation in Asia and the third-largest in the world. So, students coming in from various countries and cultures will find it easy to adopt. More than 90% of the locals speak in English which makes them feel at home. The local crime rate of zero ensures the safety of your time there. You can find most of the products and amenities like western countries.
Just like India, the Philippines is also a country with a tropical climate. It has warm summers and cool winters between 21- 35-degree centigrade. It is easily adaptable for people from any part of the world. The climate in Nueva Vizcaya is usually hot during the summer between late March to early June.
PLT has its branches on these campuses:
Bayombong Campus: The main campus that houses elementary to tertiary education.
Solano Campus – Hosts College of medicine.
RIITMC – Region II trauma and Medical center – National Government hospital.
Facilities available at PLT
PLT College of Medicine/ PLTCI Asia Pacific College of Medicine and Research is a student-centered Medical College with the following features:
- Advanced curriculum with ideal faculty-to-student ratio
- Clinically oriented and problem-based method and traditional method combined teaching and learning.
- 3D Anatomy Lab, Cadavers;
- Separate laboratories for Biochemistry, Microbiology and Clinical Skills.
- State of the art facilities.
- Most affordable, flexible payment schemes.
- Clinical rotation will be in the ISO Certified Regional Government Hospital
- Friendly and approachable faculty members
- Offers globally recognized degree
- Students can take USMLE (United States Medical Licensure Examination) to practice in USA.
Network of tied-up Government hospitals for clinical clerkship to be done by students in the final year.
Region II Trauma and Medical Centre – National Government Hospital,
Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Government Hospital.
The PLTCI College of Medicine/ Asia Pacific College of Medicine and Research PLTCI – faculty and teaching
PLT Colleges acknowledges faculty as one of the biggest contributing factors for quality education. And standing by that, the college has some of the best teaching faculty in various sub-domains of medicine.
The education system followed across the Philippines is very much similar to the US-based PBL (Problem Based Learning) curriculum. The Curriculum at PLTCI College of Medicine is designed with care, considering the aspects of rapid modernization in the field of Medicine, technologic inclusions, and international competitiveness. The curriculum design also takes into account the recommendations by the World Federation of Medical Education and the California Board of Medical Education. With regular visits to hospitals, Live demo, and Lab sessions, the learning experience at the PLT College of Medicine is a complete package for anyone seeking to pursue a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
The medium of teaching is completely through English. So, there is no barrier in it for any foreign students including Indians.
Admissions: How to get into PLT?
PLT College values all people equally in the pursuit of spreading knowledge. Every year people from more than 55 countries come to the Philippines to pursue courses in Medicine. It is the mix of diverse people, their culture, and the exposure they get that enriches the experience of doing MBBS in the Philippines, particularly in PLTCI.
The requirements to get into the PLTCI College of Medicine for MD are easy to comply with, making it possible for everyone. The university requires a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths in school to join Bachelorette of Science (BS). Upon BS completion the person must score a minimum of 40% to apply for Doctor of Medicine at PLT. There is no capitation fee or any other pre-joining requests.
PLT offers pre-medicine bachelorette and Doctor of Medicine course both on campus. Applying for BS will be done from the Alpha International Academy, Chennai, India. The process through NMAT and MD will also be assisted when required.
PLTCI College of Medicine fee structure
The Philippines is known to be one of the very affordable English-speaking countries in the world. Having many valuable educational instructions also makes the country one of the sought-out places to study courses like MBBS abroad. Especially people from south Asian countries like India, Malaysia, Thailand prefer coming here every year for MD alone.
PLTCI College of Medicine is an esteemed higher educational institution that offers Medicine (MD) courses at the lowest fees. Here is the fee structure for the upcoming year.
|Course – year||Amount|
|BS – 1||5,85,000 INR|
|MD – 1||1,80,000 PHP|
|MD – 2||1,80,000 PHP|
|MD – 3||1,80,000 PHP|
|MD – 4||1,80,000 PHP|
Hostel fees per month ~ 200 USD (15,000 INR) for accommodation in AC room with Indian food, internet, laundry, housekeeping, etc.
All this together you might be looking around 15 Lakhs INR for education fees alone and 10 lakhs INR for accommodation for all the 64 months required to complete Pre-medicine and MBBS in the Philippines.
Fill your application here![GA1]
Training and placement of studying in the Philippines
The high standards of education facilitate students graduating from PLTCI College of Medicine to practice in most foreign countries. PLT Alumni have moved to most major countries like the USA.
Philippine medical graduates boast a very high 90% success rate in the MCI screening test also known as the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) which is being replaced by the National Exit Test (NEXT) as mandated by the National Medical Commission of India.
The PLT College’s tie-up of hospitals helps proper exposure during their one year of clinical clerkship in the final year.
As the college is recognized by WHO, MCI, and most country’s medical boards, moving into any country for practice is easier than graduating from India. Indian students from the Philippines have also scored the first rank in 2013, 2017, and top 3 ranks in most other years.
Why the Philippines is best for Indian students pursuing MBBS in abroad?
- The Philippines is the 3rd largest English-speaking country in the world
- 90% of people know English. So, no language barrier
- Tropical climate similar to India
- Low crime rate. A safe place to live.
- Easily accessible via air transport
- International Exposure
- Low cost of living and overall expenses
- The medium of instruction in English
Why PLT is the best college in the Philippines?
- ISO certified national Government Hospital
- WHO recognized
- WDOMS/FAIMER Listed
- Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI)/National Medical Commission (NMC) and medical councils of most countries.
- All affiliated government hospitals
- Advanced education system similar to that of USA.
- Zero capitation fee
- Low and affordable fee (Education fee and hostel) cheaper than most Indian institutions
- International exposure to students coming from various countries.
- High-class accommodation facilities with Air-conditioned rooms, internet, laundry and all other amenities.
- Indian food availability
- Philippine Graduates ranking no:1 in MCI screening test(FMGE) in 2013 and 2017
- PLT graduates practising in the US and many major countries successfully.
[GA1]Internal link to application page.